Wednesday, September 5, 2012

This is not The End.... table.

 Ok, so here is the other fantastic find we made at The Peddler's Mall.  This sturdy little end table was cheap and in need of some TLC.
Loving the shape of this little table. 



We used CeCe Caldwell's Chalk Paint for this project.  CeCe's is easy to use and NO fumes.  This paint requires no primer, just make sure what you are painting is clean and you are ready to go! I painted this in my kitchen.



















I used three colors of CeCe's..  Blue Montana Sky went on first in all the spots I planned on distressing so it would show through.  Then Johnston Daffodil, a buttery yellow, went on the entire piece.  At the last minute I decided to add Texas Prarie, a pale green, to all but the top.


Lots of ridges to show off on this little table!


With this paint you can distress your piece one of two ways.  Of course, you can use sand paper but sometimes that is difficult to control.  With chalk paint you can distress using a damp cloth.  Simply wipe the paint off!  Some elbow grease is required if you have layered your paint on like I did here but so worth it to see those colors come through.



To finish this piece I used CeCe's Clear Wax and Dark Aging Wax.  Waxing the piece protects it and deepens the color of the paint.  You can apply the wax with a soft cloth or a brush.  I followed the Clear Wax with the Dark Aging Wax.  Since the colors I chose are on the light side I did not allow the Dark Aging Wax to stay on long before removing most of it with a soft cloth.  

 I let the waxes dry overnight, then buffed the entire piece with a paper towel.  This gave a nice luster.


CeCe' paint is quick to dry, easy to use and all natural with NO fumes.  I painted this entire table, two coats, with the sample size pot of the Johnston Daffodil and had left over of the accent colors I used.  I would recommend that you thin the paint with a little bit of water.  The paint as well as the waxes cleaned up with soap and water.

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment